Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 9: A Family Farewell

It's never easy to say good bye and this time is not any different. Jamie and Ching will be leaving to Los Angeles for a period of time this Friday and we were invited over for a farewell meal. People do move on in life, for work, for studies, for family but seriously, the feeling is just hard to bear. Really, they've treated us(me and Uncle Hoong) so well that it's hard to say good bye.

We had some 'light' breakfast with Fiona around Epsom town before heading town and I had something called feta cheese. Any of you ever heard of feta cheese? It's actually goats cheese and trust me, eating these stuff makes you full for the next three meals. They are so so so rich in taste and filling and sour and everything! It's weird and nice at the same time!

The white stuff is the Feta Cheese. And the yellow one is cream cheese. Yeah I know, cheese-ful. 
Ching is gonna cook us lunch again, this time vegetarian in respect to Wesak Day that is happening in Malaysia. Vegan or not, her cooking is DELI to the CIOUS. Trust me, a world class chef is indeed a world class chef. Give her a wok and she can produce wonders from it. Lucky my cousin Jamie. I wish I can find a partner who can cook as well as his.

All these are vegetarian food. Fantastic!!


That's the master chef after the action! 
We did a little bit chatting, chill out and stuff and proceeded to Westfield, the biggest shopping mall in Europe. This place is MASSIVE!! I think you can fit like a million people in there and there will still be space. And funny enough, there are the richer section and the standard section, depending on which do you prefer. We had dinner at Wahaca, awesome Mexican food. Now honestly I've never tried Mexican food and yes, it tastes really good. Now Mexican food is a good mix of spices and meat combine with fine dough and bread. You could imagine stuff like tortillas, street mexican food etc etc. 

I forgot the name of this one, but it's really nice!


WAHACAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!


The interior design of this place gives a really good vibe to chat and around.


Chips as appetizer.


The dip sauce is really really good. There are different taste  from spicy to cooling.
Anyway, at the end of this post, I would like to thank both of you guys, Jamie and Ching for all the wonderful time that you have given us. Thanks thanks and thanks! I'm gonna be missing you guys for sure! Make sure you find me when you drop by Malaysia!!!!!!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment