Monday, May 9, 2011

The Grass Is Greener on The Other Side, Really?!

As the old saying goes, the grass is greener on the other side. Well, not really. But the weather is definitely waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler here than Malaysia. I arrived last night 9.30pm at local time, which is around 4.30am in Malaysia

The 14 hours plane ride was not that bad, but I didn't manage to get any in-flight pictures considering the fact that I got the middle seat of the middle row. LUCKY ME! I don't think I'm facing any jetlag problem here, most probably due to the beautiful advice by AirAsia:

COUNTERING JETLAG

  • When you are travelling from East to West, try not to sleep so much.
  • When you are travelling from West to East, sleep like you don't care, uh... so to speak at least.
Another little piece of advice when travelling on AirAsia, always pre-book your meal if you are travelling long distance. You save a few bucks by being early, and you avoid staring at the person next to you devouring his/her meal like no ones business. I was sitting beside a New Zealand guy and a Malaysian Chinese(who doesn't know how to speak softly) and I kinda felt bad when I was eating cause the poor chinese dude was staring at me all the while. Should've just offered him a tiny bite, but heck, I was starving myself dude. 

Just an extra tip: Bring some food of your own from outside. I brought in two cans of sardine which helped a super lot!

Currently I'm at a little town called Epsom in Surrey, where my uncle stays. The crib is super beautiful! Cozy and quiet indeed. This morning, I did some walking around Epsom town. We stopped by at Richmond Park, a beautiful field cum horserace track. I'll let the pictures speak further on. Gonna head out soon for some lunch with the family. Check around again soon. Cheers!!!

Bubblegum selling machine in the toilet! England shocker number 1.

The view from where I stay. Beautiful crib!
I have some problem uploading pictures but I promise I will get more pictures up soon for the next post!!!! Keep checking out!





No comments:

Post a Comment