Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Leicester Square-->Chinatown-->Trafalgar Square-->Picadilly-->Buckingham Palace

Heeeeeeellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo from England! It's my third day here and I am ready to do some WALKING!! Me and Uncle Hoong headed out to Chinatown which is situated somewhere near Leicester Square (pronounced Lester Square... don't ask) to meet our friend from Chinatown, Teng and Man.


The  train from Epsom would take around 45 minutes to Waterloo and then a connecting tube for 15 minutes to Leicester Square. The rushing and the pushing of course is inevitable, but we managed to arrive in one piece. :)


As the name tells, most of the population in Chinatown is Chinese from different parts of Asia such as Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and our big brother, China. Chinatown here is where you can find most food Chinese Cuisine, from Japanese to Chinese to Korean and guess what, Malaysian as well! I stopped for lunch at a nice cozy restaurant called Plum Valley that serves great chinese food, but the taste is distinctively different from those I have in Malaysia, in a restaurant I call My Mom's Cooking. :)


Trafalgar Square is quite far away from Chinatown, but looking and being awed as I walk, I didn't really notice. We went through the Red Light District of London town where most of the sex stuff are sold here. Soho is one of the largest sex toy shop in London town coupled with a few of gay bars and strip bars around the area. Good night life!! :)


There's more than a thousand people at least in Trafalgar Square. It's just so nice to see people chilling around, either walking or just sitting there looking at things. There was also street dancers doing performance there when I reached! Lucky me. 


From there, we moved on to 'Branded Street', where you can find all the branded stuffs. You name it, they have it. There's Louis Vuitton, Channel, Jimmy Choo, Longchamp etc etc. Looking at those brands and stuff itself is enough to put a smile on every womans....errrr...mans face!


Moving on, we WALKED from there to Buckingham Palace where the grand wedding took place weeks ago. Great to finally get my foot near the place for real. I've been dreaming of visiting the palace for a loooooooong time. Now the guards in red uniform is the most disciplined people I have ever seen! They really can stand and just stand for a freaking long time! Once in a while, they might get tired and will march around, but most of the time they'll just stand guard for Her Majesty. Impressive indeed!


We ended the day with a Japanese meal back in Chinatown. And yes, we walked back here to Chinatown. It's weird that you don't get tired walking around here, most probably due to the weather and the fascination of looking at new things. I've got a few pictures coming with this post, but it'll probably clog this up. So here's a link for my Facebook folder where I kept all the pictures.


 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150176736561035.308661.577111034


Come back soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment